Toronto’s Best Rock Camp Turns the Spotlight On Your Kid
Toronto Music Camp (TMC) is a unique summer camp where kids ages 8-11 and 12-16 come to up their game as musicians, learn to play in a band, produce a music video, and rub elbows with some of city’s top music talent. They do this under the guidance of our expert instructors in jam-packed weekly sessions.
Experience the Life of a Musician
This is a once in a lifetime experience (unless you come again) where kids can experience what it is like to be a full-time musician. Camp group sizes are small too, so budding rock stars get a real in-depth experience.
Join a Band
Instead of the haphazard summer jam band in your garage, campers will be in a structured environment where they will practice daily with the band and receive mentoring from some of the leading music teachers in Toronto.
Star In a Music Video
This is the climax of the week. All week long, Rock Camp members are hard at work getting ready for the big day. At the end of the week, campers meet with a videographer and professional sound engineer to produce a music video. The videos are immortalized on our YouTube channel where we get thousands of views a year.
The Rock Camp bands will all get the chance to rock the house in their first public appearance at some of city’s coolest venues. Performances may occur during the same week of camp or later during the summer as part of a larger event.
Elite Music Academy wants to build the next generation of musicians. Campers are given the opportunity to compose their own tunes as a band during our songwriting sessions and receive feedback from our teachers.
Cover the Greats
Campers pick their favorite covers to rehearse and perform live and in video. Some of our Rock Camp bands have done renditions of the Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, The Beatles and Nirvana. You know, real rock.
Learn From the Best
TMC is led by professional musicians and Elite Music Academy’s experienced teachers. In these 5 days, campers get individual instruction on their instrument, as well as warm up techniques, maintenance, and music production. We also arrange special workshops on topics ranging from instrument maintenance to stylistic techniques, drawing from a pool of real Toronto rock bands like The Responsables, Ninja Funk Orchestra, Yuka, Will Conquer and other local legends.
About Rock Camp
The Toronto Music Camp was established by Elite Music Academy in 2005 as a way of expanding our students’ music experience. Today, the Rock Camp provides kids with the opportunity to jam, network, and unleash their inner musician through a variety of tailored workshops, clinics and instruction. Groups are very small, so our music teachers can build on existing skills and develop each camper as an individual musician while coaching their work inside a band. Our hands-on teaching style is what makes TMC the best rock camp experience in Toronto – and one of the city’s coolest summer arts camps.
Who it’s For
TMC is a summer camp for kids ages 8-16 year olds who already play guitar, bass, sax, keyboards, drums or voice. Each summer, we separate campers into two groups: 8-11 year olds and 12-16 year olds.
Our summer camps run at both Elite Music Academy’s locations: 822 Danforth Ave and 2007 Danforth Ave. We will notify registrants of their location prior to the start of camp. Rock camp runs from 9am to 4pm. For more information call 416-406-5355.
- Time: camp runs from 9am to 4pm daily.
- Dates: Week 1: June 30 – July 4 (short week), Week 2: July 7 – July 11, Week 3: July 14 – July 18, Week 4: July 21 – July 25, Week 5: July 28 – Aug 1, Week 6: Aug 4 – Aug 8 (short week), Week 7: Aug 11 – Aug 15
- Fees: 1 week: $469; 1 week Jun 30-Jul 4 or Aug 4-Aug 8 only: $399, 2 weeks: $889, 3 weeks: $1329, 4 weeks: $1779, 5 weeks: $2219, 6 weeks: $2659, 7 weeks: $2929
- Prerequisites: campers must be between 8-16 and have at least one year of playing & learning experience on guitar, bass, sax, keyboards, drums or voice. Kids are divided into two groups ages 8-11 and 12-16.
- Registration & payments: must be completed online and payed via PayPal. If you’d like to pay with a credit card or cheque, fill out the form and payment instructions will be emailed to you.
- Refunds: no refunds will be offered after May 15th, 2014. However, you may change the week(s) you wish to attend provided there is availability on the week(s) requested.