Join the Coolest Summer Rock Camp in Toronto.
Experience the Life of a Musician
Toronto Music Camp (TMC) is a unique summer music camp in Toronto where kids ages 8-11 and 12-16 come to up their game as musicians, learn to play in a rock band, produce a music video, and rub elbows with some of this city’s top music talent. They do this under the guidance of our expert instructors in jam-packed weekly sessions. This is a once in a lifetime experience (unless you come again) where kids can experience what it is like to be a full-time musician. Camp group sizes are small too, so budding rock stars get a real in-depth experience.
Join a Rock Band
Instead of the haphazard summer jam band in your garage, campers will be in a structured environment where they will practice daily with the band and receive mentoring from some of the leading music teachers in Toronto.
Star In a Music Video
This is the climax of the week. All week long, Rock Camp members are hard at work getting ready for the big day. At the end of the week, campers meet with a videographer and professional sound engineer to produce a music video. The videos are immortalised on our YouTube channel where we get thousands of views a year.
The Rock Camp bands will all get the chance to rock the house in their first public appearance at some of this city’s coolest venues. Performances occur every week on Friday in front of a live audience.
TMC wants to build the next generation of musicians. Campers are given the opportunity to compose their own tunes as a band during our songwriting sessions and receive feedback from our teachers.
Cover the Greats
Campers pick their favourite covers to rehearse and perform live and in a video. Some of our Rock Camp bands have done renditions of the Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, The Beatles and Nirvana. You know, real rock.
Learn From the Best
TMC is led by professional musicians and experienced teachers. In these 5 days, campers get individual instruction on their instrument, as well as warm-up techniques, maintenance, and music production. We also arrange special workshops on topics ranging from instrument maintenance to stylistic techniques, drawing from a pool of real Toronto rock bands like The Responsables, Ninja Funk Orchestra, Yuka, Will Conquer and other local legends.
About Rock Camp
The Toronto Music Camp was established by Elite Music Academy in 2005 as a way of expanding our students’ music experience. Today, the Rock Camp provides kids with the opportunity to jam, network, and unleash their inner musician through a variety of tailored workshops, clinics and instruction. Groups are very small, so our music teachers can build on existing skills and develop each camper as an individual musician while coaching their work inside a band. Our hands-on teaching style is what makes TMC the best rock camp experience in Toronto – and one of the city’s coolest summer arts camps.
Who It’s For
Rock Camp is a summer music camp in Toronto for kids ages 8-16 who already play the guitar, bass, sax, keyboards, drums or voice. Each summer, we separate campers into two groups: 8-11-year-olds and 12-16-year-olds.
For you parents stuck at work all week, you can cheer from the sidelines by staying up to date with our camper’s daily activities through Elite Music’s Instagram and Facebook profiles where we post snippets of video from the rehearsals.
Our summer camps run at both Elite Music Academy’s locations: 822 Danforth Ave and 2007 Danforth Ave. We will also utilize the downstairs lounge at Fox & Fiddle for our weekly performances and workshops. We will notify registrants of their location prior to the start of camp. Rock camp runs from 9am to 4pm. For more information call 416-406-5355.
Important Camp Info
- Time: 9am to 4pm daily, Monday to Friday
- 2018 Camp Dates: Jul 9-13, Jul 16th-20, Jul 23-27, Jul 30 – Aug 3, Aug 13-17, Aug 20-24
- Fees: 1 week: $499; 2 weeks: $958, 3 weeks: $1422, 4 weeks: $1876, 5 weeks: $2320, 6 weeks: $2754
- Prerequisites: campers must be between 8-16 and have at least one year of playing & learning experience on guitar, bass, sax, keyboards, drums or voice. Kids are divided into age appropriate groups.
- Refunds: no refunds will be offered after May 15th, 2018. However, you may change the week(s) you wish to attend provided there is availability for the week(s) requested.
- What to bring: instruments, instrument accessories (tuners, picks, drumsticks etc…), and ear plugs. We provide the amps, keyboards, and mics. Don’t forget your lunch or lunch money!
- What to wear: funky outfit for recording day and concert day (Thursday and Friday).
- Locations: All campers meet at 2007 Danforth Ave on Monday morning where bands are divided. Some bands will stay at this location while others are assigned to 822 Danforth Ave for the rest of the week.
Need a music camp closer to home? Try these other music camps in Toronto.
School of Rock Camp, Girl’s Rock Camp, National Music Camp of Canada, Cosmo Music Camps, Interprovincial Music Camp, Toronto Summer Music Camps